Dear Faculty and Staff,
As we delineate and define our core values, beliefs and learning expectations, the input of the students is essential. For this Friday’s homeroom, the students will go through an activity similar to what we did during the PD days before school. The two staff members in each homeroom will need to facilitate the activity, for which Tom Honohan has created a Google Form, entitled “The Five-Question Exercise.” Here’s how things should go:
1. When students arrive at 9:39, have them arrange their seats in configuration conducive to discussion.
2. The TV Production class’ weekly presentation will begin promptly, ending with the anchors explaining the activity to come.
3. The Google Form is accessed through the link, NCHS Five-Question Exercise, and one staff member can moderate the discussion while the other types in the students’ responses. A hard-copy of the same form is attached.
4. Try to get through as many of the questions as time allows, but it is far more important to allow substantive discussion among the students than to get through all the questions.
5. At the end of the homeroom, click the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the form and make sure the desks are returned to their pre-homeroom state.
This is the same set of questions we discussed in our groups on the second PD day, just re-worded for students; since all of us have gone through this, I am confident that we can all easily facilitate this version for our students.
Thanks and, as always, let me know if you have any questions.